Breaking the Cycle of Poverty
• Through PUSTAK program we provide support to street children as well as to children involved into child labor practices. This group of children needs specialized support. We work with them through our normal Intervention centers and treat them as a group with special needs. As part of this program we assist in reuniting them with their own families.
• SAU Professionals program is run to raise the aspirations of selected school children (x-JUGNUs) in Classes VI-VII to Class X.
• CHILDLINE is a 24-hour helpline for children in distress and in need of care and protection in Chandigarh. We run Childline Units for Chandigarh & Mohali Distt. We also run a Childline Help Desk at Chandigarh Railway Station.
• RAAHAT (meaning 'relief') is an effort to help the disabled children. It acts as a facilitator to link the handicapped to the city's specialized organizations for further training / treatment and relief / financial support.
• YUVAK (meaning 'youth') is involving youth in sports and fitness through various clubs culminating in annual tournaments. We also work closely with the Nehru Yuva Kendra and other Youth Organisations. Col Ravi Bedi & Dr Sangeeta Jund are resource persons for Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD) at Sriperumbudur. In turn they have trained many of our staff in this activity.
• VAMA (meaning 'women') is a Program for the Empowerment of underprivileged women through 'Income Generation' skills & formation of 'Self Help Groups'.
• Dr Sangeeta Jund is the Punjab State Trainer for ASHA Program of NRHM. She is recently appointed as trainer at NHM.
• TI is a project run in Punjab helping in the high-risk groups of HIV.
• The goal of BAGHBAN (meaning 'gardener') program is to organize and enfold the older citizens in the slum areas, providing emotional support through regular meetings and infusing a bit of fun and laughter.